Psychotherapy, Support, and Empowerment
- Are you feeling disempowered at work or at home?
- Do you need help healing and moving on following a misuse of power by a superior or a person in a position of authority?
- Are you concerned about an ethical issue in your workplace but don’t know how to address it?
- Are you involved in a power conflict that you can’t resolve?
- Are you interested in becoming more skillful, effective, and sensitive in your use of personal and positional power?
- Do you need support for dealing with difficult issues in your professional role?
- Do you feel you need some personal support in some aspect of your life?
- Do you want to understand and shift patterns and habits that are causing you unnecessary suffering?
- Do you want to increase your resilience?
Cedar Barstow, a Certified Hakomi Therapist since 1983 and author of the Right Use of Power approach and the books and materials that support it, is available for therapy, individual support and empowerment work in person, or by phone or Skype. Cedar has been an International Hakomi Trainer since 1989 and maintains a private practice in Boulder, Colorado.
Although Cedar has training and experience in a number of therapeutic methods, her certification and foundation is the Hakomi Method. Hakomi is a mindfulness-based psychotherapy. The therapy process includes accessing body information that holds clues to beliefs that may be causing unnecessary suffering. Through little experiments in mindfulness, we find out more about these beliefs in order to heal past wounds and transform your relationship with your past and current life, developing new habits that lead to more satisfaction and success.
Click here to find out more about Hakomi Body-Centered Therapy.
Click here to find out more about Cedar as a Topic Expert and listed therapist at Goodtherapy.org
Click here to contact Cedar regarding therapy or personal empowerment work.